Working on computers is a part of our lives nowadays. Working fast like a super user does not require superhuman skills, however. Here are some computer tips and tricks to work on your computer fast.
- Typing web addresses fast
If you want to visit https://www.example.com/, you do not need to type all this. Just type “example” without quotes in the address bar and press Ctrl + Enter, or equivalent on a mac.
- Quickly move to next or previous fields in any software or web page
Use tab to move to the next field and shift + tab to move to the previous field while working in any software or browsing the web.
- Tabbed browsing
Use tabbed browsing in all browsers. And if you want to open a link in a new window, do not right-click the link and then click “open in a new window.” Instead, hover over the link and press the scroll wheel of your mouse.
- Use keyboard shortcuts while browsing
Many people use shortcuts while working with applications but forget to use these computer tips while browsing the web. Here are the few computer tips and tricks you should know:
- F5 or Ctrl + R to reload or refresh a page
- Alt + D or Ctrl + L to move to the address bar of the browser
- Ctrl + F to open the search box. If you have already copied the search term, just press Ctrl + V to search that term
- Backspace key or Alt + left arrow to go to the previous page
- Use your mouse scroll wheel
Use scroll wheel, instead of moving your mouse to the scroll bar and dragging it. If scrolling seems slow, go to the mouse settings and increase the number of lines scrolled with the wheel.